Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Seagull Drawing

This is a sketch I recently rendered for a project that I thought was long defunct, but that I recently had the privilege to revisit. It's not entirely a new sketch, since it was gleaned from part of a pencil drawing I initially did for the project when it was first offered to me.



The new sketch is a bonus sketch I included for some promotional material that's being sent to a publisher by an agent who I'm now working with. The sketch is meant to accompany a manuscript for a YA novel that she's submitting. I love the book, and the agent is someone I really respect and admire. The hope is that the publisher will pick up the book, and I'll be the one to illustrate it, but there are, of course, no guarantees. I'll talk more about this project as things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment